Friday, February 29, 2008

Obey

"If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love." -John 15:10 NIV

Obey. Obey His Commands. Study His Word. Ask for His mercy and forgiveness for any unconfessed sins. Do not wait until tomorrow!

He will write His laws upon your heart. He will forgive you if you are contrite of heart. He will give you peace of mind and heart.

Hold fast. Do not allow the waves of the world to carry you away from the Rock, our Lord Jesus. Call upon His Holy Name in worship and in praise, in weakness, in temptation and in distress. Give Him an opportunity. Surrender, obey and abandon yourself to Him.

Keep Him in your thoughts always and love Him with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.

I love you.

-Daddy

"I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." -Psalms 40:8 NIV

"'Behold, days are coming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,' declares the LORD, 'I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them,' declares the LORD, 'for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.'" -Jeremiah 31:31-34 NASB

"Why do you call Me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? Everyone who comes to Me and hears My words and acts on them, I will show you whom he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid a foundation on the rock; and when a flood occurred, the torrent burst against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who has heard and has not acted accordingly, is like a man who built a house on the ground without any foundation; and the torrent burst against it and immediately it collapsed, and the ruin of that house was great." -Luke 6:46-49 NASB

"Samuel did what the LORD said. When he arrived at Bethlehem, the elders of the town trembled when they met him. They asked, 'Do you come in peace?' Samuel replied, 'Yes, in peace; I have come to sacrifice to the LORD. Consecrate yourselves and come to the sacrifice with me.' Then he consecrated Jesse and his sons and invited them to the sacrifice. When they arrived, Samuel saw Eliab and thought, 'Surely the LORD's anointed stands here before the LORD.' But the LORD said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.' -1 Samuel 16:4-7 NIV

"For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law; for it is not the hearers of the Law who are just before God, but the doers of the Law will be justified. For when Gentiles who do not have the Law do instinctively the things of the Law, these, not having the Law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them, on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge the secrets of men through Christ Jesus." -Romans 2:12-16 NASB