Monday, March 9, 2009

Un-adult-erated

Today you will be having your first tee-ball practice! We have been practicing your hitting for a few weeks now, and you are really doing well.

I have a quick story to tell you from Saturday...

You were hitting the ball from the tee in the front yard when, for some reason, you decided to switch from hitting right-handed to hitting left-handed. I did not tell you to do this, and you had never seen anyone do this before. On your own initiative, you began hitting the ball from the left side just as naturally as you do from the right side! Amazing.

It is so wonderful being a daddy. Every day I learn something new from you. Usually you think of parents teaching their children. I believe we learn so much more from them.

The presence of a heart, mind and soul un-adult-erated by the evils of this world brings light to those who are hurting. Even on my worst days, you bring me such joy.

I love you.

-Daddy