Saturday, March 29, 2008

My Answered Prayer

In March of 2007, I was reborn. My life began anew. I went to the very edge of a steep and dark canyon, and the Lord saved me just as I was falling. He lifted me up and gave me the most loving embrace I have ever experienced.

After the intensity of this encounter with the Lord, I asked Him to give me someone with whom I could pray. I could tell Mommy felt uncomfortable with my insistence that we pray every day, and the way in which I would pray.

I found myself actively seeking out someone to pray with...a "prayer partner." I would call prayer lines that I heard about on the radio and I joined several prayer groups online. It was helpful, but just seemed so impersonal. I begged the Lord to send someone. I didn't understand why He wouldn't answer my request!

Finally, one night I had an epiphany (actually a big "duh!") and realized something that made my heart skip a beat: YOU are my prayer partner! We prayed together every night through that whole period of time when I was looking elsewhere, and we still do to this very day.

Every night after you put on your JP's, we read two or three books of your choice and you ask me to read a chapter of "The Brown Book" (a little pocket bible that has the entire New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs). Then I turn off the light, lay down next to you, and wait for you to ask: "Daddy, do you want to say prayers?" We pray for everyone in the whole world as you slowly and peacefully drift...off...to...sleep.

You are so special to me. You are my answered prayer.

I love you.

-Daddy

"I waited patiently for the LORD; And He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear and will trust in the LORD. How blessed is the man who has made the LORD his trust, and has not turned to the proud, nor to those who lapse into falsehood. Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, and Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, they would be too numerous to count." -Psalms 41:1-5 NASB