Thursday, August 21, 2008

Firsts and Lasts

A few firsts taking place in your life today that will last:

1) Your first day of school at the same Catholic grade school that your Mommy, her Mommy and her Mommy's Mommy all attended.

2) Your first soccer practice. This is the first organized sport in which you will participate! Somehow, I was selected to be the head coach...Also, a first for me.

And last, but not least...

3) Mommy and I are going to tell you today that, at last, you are going to have your first new baby brother or sister early next year. You are so kind and loving to children, and we know you will be a wonderful big brother!

The Everlasting Lord has showered His Grace and Mercy and Love upon us from the very first. Remember to always honor Him first for as long as you last.

I love you.

-Daddy

"Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: 'I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me." -Isaiah 44:6 NASB

"Listen to Me, O Jacob, even Israel whom I called; I am He, I am the first, I am also the last." -Isaiah 48:12 NASB

"But many who are first will be last; and the last, first." -Matthew 19:30 NASB

"Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, 'If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all.'" -Mark 9:35 NIV

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End." -Revelation 22:13 NIV